Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day Two

So, I survived another day of sanitation.  The crazy comments were kept to 2 again, which was nice, but there was a lot of mumbling, etc....  I'm not sure how much I can take.  I was also really grumpy by about 10:30 from lack of sleep and it is only day 2.  I really cannot wait for my body to adjust.

The class next door started classes before we did, so they just began their cake block. Today they made croquembouche, so it was fun to watch them come together through the windows during our breaks.  They worked in teams and had to carry their "cakes" to the "judging table" without dropping them.  A dropped item results in a 0 for the day!  It was pretty fun to watch and we got to taste some of the unused profiteroles.  Free tasty snacks are always good.

I can hardly wait to start baking and am glad that I only have about a day and a half to go until we make cookies!  I don't have much else to report, other than the fact that I feel pretty brain dead.  I have to read some more of the Servsafe book so I can find more things I don't want to eat in restaurants.  And I have some daily quests to complete, but that's another story.

Hoping I survive tomorrow and live to bake another day.  Until then, ciao!

-The Queen of Tarts-

No comments:

Post a Comment