Monday, September 26, 2011

Long Story Short


Chocolate Ganache Cake
I like the design on the chocolate decor
Coconut Parfait
So, our week long final in plated desserts was pretty nuts.  We had to produce everything needed to plate up 4 different desserts, all at the same time.  A hot dessert, a cold dessert, sorbet and ice cream, etc...just like we were serving a table of 4.  We had 3 days to prep, 45 minutes to organize and 12 minutes to plate all 4 desserts.  It was intense and fun and I did very well!  I wasn't exactly super excited about how all of my plates looked, but everything was made correctly and with the proper technique.  Considering the timing, it was a-ok.  Chef said I should be proud, so I am.  The photo above is the menu I wrote and created for the final.  The items were chosen for us (we all made the same 4 things) but we had to write and create a decorative menu.  I like mine!
White Wine Poached Pear

Chocolate Mousse Drum
This plate we all kinds of wrong because
my tuile broke at the last second.  Too
many chocolate cigarettes - I still got a
really good grade.  :-)
All in all it was a very fun class and quite a learning experience.  I still don't think I want to work in a restaurant, but I really enjoyed making these desserts.

Next, on to cakes.  Yippee, um, not so much.  Until then, Ciao!
-QoT-


No comments:

Post a Comment