Friday, June 24, 2011

So Much to Say, So Little Time...

Smokin' the Chocolate
Well friends, I have done it again.  I am now six weeks behind in keeping you posted on what I'm up to at school.  I have completed two different classes that I really enjoyed and just have not managed to write a single word.  I guess that perhaps some of what I loved about these classes was the gentle rise in difficulty and intensity, which has lessened my time and energy to write.  Luckily for you (and me), I start my summer staycation today and will have 6+ extra hours each day next week.  YAY!!  Everyone in my class is seriously ready for this break.
Mango Bavarian with Raspberry Glacage and tart Blueberry Coulis
Here is a little bit of what you have to look forward to from International Patisserie, Custards, Fillings & Creams and Introduction to European Cakes and Assembly Techniques.

This Bavarian was SUPER fun to make.  I really enjoyed making the striped pate decor.







Framboise Cake

Sad to say that the Framboise Cake looks better than it tasted, to me.  The jam at school is much to sweet for me!  I needed some tart!

Hopefully the staycation goes well and we all live to bake another day.  Until then, ciao!  -The QoT-






No comments:

Post a Comment